Bethany Sawyer | 26 | Salesperson at Havensdale Bookstore | Werewolf | FC: Zooey Deschanel | OPEN
❝Do you know that there’s still a chance for you ‘cause there’s a spark in you? You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine, just own the night like the 4th of July.❞
Bethany Sawyer has always been a little bit of an odd-ball but an over-achieving one at that. Growing up in Havensdale Valley she topped every list her school had on offer and was a done deal for a scholarship into the college of her choosing. She’s a perfectionist, over-working herself to the point of exhaustion but always comes out the other end of things with the desired results. She likes to knit and buy new dresses and things that smell of rain – plus she plays a pretty mean tune on the ukulele. In high school she was never really one to stand out from the crowd and instead of running for student body president like her friends had suggested she settled for treasurer. Believe it or not the girl actually likes math – it’s practical. Despite having a creative streak to her in terms of music and the ability to drift off into elaborate daydreams she really isn’t one to to be involved with any other aspects of the arts. Honestly, even her stick figures suck and she never did understand that play a guy from drama club took her to in senior year that one time. Bethany had only really agreed to go because she didn’t want to feel mean and there was a promise of free food.
So there she was. Bethany Sawyer, in her home-knitted jumper just waiting for her life to begin. She never hurt anyone in her whole life. She’d never even gotten a parking ticket. No sex, no drugs and no rock and roll for her. Why are these things important? Well because Bethany used to recite them to herself over and over trying to figure out what she’d done wrong. What’d she’d done to deserve it. You see the summer after graduation was supposed to be all about last hoorays so even though she really didn’t want to go to that party in the Valley Woods she did anyway. Her friends were drunk and dancing but Bethany had started to feel just a little nauseous and so to avoid the humiliation of throwing up on some infinitely attractive member of the opposite sex she ventured off into the woods. There was no way she could have known what – or more so who – was waiting for her. It all happened so fast and even now her few nightmares remain a blur. Bethany was attacked by an animal and she was bitten by that same animal only it wasn’t just any animal.
The full moon was that night and the effects of the bite were almost instantaneous. She fell to the ground, the pain overwhelming her and as the tears streamed down her face she was so sure she was going to die. Alone. In the woods with her friends so close and yet so far away from her. Luckily Bethany didn’t die and instead she successfully made the transition to werewolf. That night it was a miracle she didn’t hurt any of her friends but a few bunny rabbits might have gotten it – let’s just say that now she’s a vegetarian. Bethany woke up alone, bruised, blood under her finger nails and with no recollection of what had happened. You can only imagine the panic she felt in that moment alone. Scared and confused she deferred from school and took off leaving two very confused and worried parents behind. Life was rough to the say the least. She felt like a teenage runaway with a very pink ribbon in her hair. It wasn’t until the third transition alone that she finally met someone who could help her. Max Wood was her saving grace and to this day he has stayed by her side. With Max she learned how to manage, adapt and go on to help others. Now Bethany has her own pack to look after, her own family and there isn’t anything she wouldn’t do for them. Maybe she’s still a bit goofy but Bethany is every much the Alpha as any born werewolf out there.
Additional Information ➜
- Bethany was bitten when was she was eighteen years old by an Original werewolf named Frederick Bellefonte. He had high hopes for her in his future plans but has remained an anonymity in her life so far
- She ran away from home and met a fellow werewolf named Max Wood. He was born with the gene and taught her everything there was to know. He looked after her, comforted her and became one of her closest friends
- One full moon she and Max were just wandering around a small wooded area together - Bethany having been taught self-control during the full moon by him - when they heard the screams. Ignoring logic Bethany raced towards them and was horrified to find a pack of black-eyed wolves attacking a gathering of humans
- It was here she managed to pull Margaret Lewis and Harry Lewis away from the blood-shed. They had been bitten of course and she wasn’t sure if they were going to make it but somehow they both managed to pull through and the next full moon both made the transition
- With two new wolves under her care it was then that Max announced that Bethany was their Alpha - their leader and protector. Maggie and Harry were glad to have the family and they stuck together ever since
- The last member to join Bethany’s pack was a lone wolf named Drake King who is more than a little difficult to say the least but Bethany has high hopes for him. She always keeps an eye out for news in Havensdale Valley and all this news of “animal attacks” have her worried. There was no other choice - she had to go back