Daniel Moore | 38 | Businessman/Coffee Chain Co-Owner | Human | FC: Nathan Fillion | TAKEN
❝Nothing goes as planned, everything will break, people say goodbye, in their own special way.❞
Daniel Moore was always the goofy brother. He was the one stealing the rival team’s mascot, booby-trapping Coach’s whole office, dragging the keg in through the back thinking his parent’s were never going to find out about that rager of a party he was throwing after the game while they were out of town. Logic could be completely lost on him sometimes but still, he got things done. He was everyone’s go-to guy and quick to think up solutions especially when it came to saving a potential party from being cancelled. Andrew Moore was his big brother by two years and typically, he was the so-called responsible one. Whatever though, the dude was boring in that no-you-can’t-possible-eat-thirty-hot-dogs-in-a-row-Dan way but he still loved him. Growing up Daniel only really cared about a select few things: his family, his friends, football, coffee and her. Her namely being Karen McReid – and yes angels did just start singing. Daniel and Karen grew up together. He pushed her in the sandpit, she stole his crayons, he pulled her pigtails, she punched him the face and so went the cycle. Karen was one of those sensible types too only not really because he’d seen her at post-game parties and she didn’t look all that boring and studious to him. Of course she refused to give him the time of day when he finally realised in Freshman year that she was The One. That didn’t stop him though. He was adamant he could prove her wrong, whatever it was she wanted, he was going to be it.
Naturally it turned out that the only thing she wanted him to be was himself. His stupid, dorky, pain-in-the-ass self because that is the person who she liked. Then that was the person she loved. Karen brought out the best sides of him. She challenged him and encouraged him and yeah they bickered but there wasn’t anything he wouldn’t have done for her. Karen was his lobster. Don’t get him wrong though it was never exactly easy when it came to her and her bonkers family. There were always these weird, vague ‘family emergencies’ and he could have sworn one time he saw like, a crossbow or something lying out at her house. That was the only thing that bothered him – she lied to him. He could tell she didn’t want to and that’s why he kept his mouth shut, because surely she had a good reason and he loved her so he would wait for her. Only, you can’t wait forever. It’s just not possible. When Karen’s mom died she became her little sister Krystal McReid's sole guardian. Things were hard and he tried to be there for her but it was like she was already starting to shut him out. Prom happened and he gave her a ring – no not an engagement ring, but a promise ring. A promise he wanted to keep but you know how those old good intentions usually go. Graduation came and went and Daniel made his plea. He gave her his ultimatum. He wanted to be with her, forever. He wanted her to leave Havensdale and come with him – be with him.
She could bring Krystal. She could wait until Krystal had graduated, all she had to do was say yes. He’d forget the lies she told, the excuses she made… All she had to do was was say yes. Needless to say that Karen didn’t say yes and Daniel left heartbroken but convinced he was doing the right thing. How could he have known he’d just left his pregnant girlfriend when she didn’t even that she was pregnant? Life went on. Daniel went to college, studied business, became one of the top dogs in his field and ended up with more money than he knew what to do with which totally justifies and explains all the totally cool memorabilia he owns. Daniel put Karen out off his head. He dated – he dated a lot. He still does, the super hot supermodel kind of dates too. Being the lifelong bachelor playboy was quite alright with him and he never gave Havensdale a second thought. In fact he planned on never going back. But then five years ago the worst happened. Andrew was a fireman and there was a fire. There had been a billion fires before that but this one was different – he didn’t come back from this one. Daniel was crushed, as were his sister-in-law and baby niece Jenny Moore. Daniel could never be Andrew but he tried to do better. He invited Lyndsy and Jenny over at more than just the holidays and when Lyndsy got engaged last year he was supportive. Supportive enough to be one of the best men which is exactly why he’s back in Havensdale now. Duty called.
Additional Information ➜
- Daniel is human. Daniel is as human as it gets and if he had a clue about the supernatural it probably would have helped. A lot. Karen was and is a hunter. She had to stay in Havensdale, she had to lie, she had to protect him because she knew all about what bump in the night and he didn’t. He still wishes she had let him in. He still wishes she’d said yes. Not that he thinks about her or anything
- He definitely doesn’t think about his son Danny McReid but that’s only because he has zero idea that he even has a son. Karen found out she was pregnant after he left and never called or wrote or sent him a pigeon mail saying ‘oh hey, BTW you’re a father’
- He does however know that he’s an uncle and he loves Jenny like a daughter. She reminds him of his brother sometimes. He just wants to make sure nothing bad ever happens to her especially if that bad thing is in the shape of some motorcycle riding menace to society
- There were a couple of times he thought about seeing Karen again. The first was when he heard about Krystal dying in that awful car accident. He wanted to reach out to her then but he just couldn’t. He was scared. The second was at his brother’s funeral. He saw her then but only for a second, then she was gone
- On top of being a successful business man, Daniel has put his investments in a number of small works. Including a chain of coffee shops, in fact he’s the one who makes sure Lyndsy’s Café gets the best shipments in. He’s met a number of people when selling his products including both Stella Bell and Brooke Bell who were his best customers come Fashion Week — designers love their coffee
- Why is he back in Havensdale now? Well, as before-mentioned, duty called. Lyndsy called him up and told him that the wedding was getting moved to this month instead of June and he immediately packed up his stuff and headed back over here to be with his family— because family is the most important thing, right?